Clare Diane Young
Cert Dip MIRVAP (ICH) RCH
Clinic Manager and Canine Hydrotherapist
Level 3 Certificate in Small Animal Hydrotherapy 2016 to include:
- Management of medical conditions
- Management of common orthopaedic and neurological conditions
- Administering, assessing and checking suitability for hydrotherapy treatment
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Water & pool management
- Professional practice and multidisciplinary teams
- The principles of small animal hydrotherapy
- The use of an underwater treadmill in small animal hydrotherapy
Level 3 Diploma in Small Animal Hydrotherapy 2019 to include:
- Disorders of the canine stifle joint
- Practical application of advanced hydrotherapy
- Treadmill treatment techniques
- Advanced hydrotherapy treadmill treatment and gait analysis
- NARCH (National Association of Registered Canine Hydrotherapists)
- IRVAP ICH (Institute of Registered Veterinary & Animal Physiotherapists, Institute of Canine Hydrotherapists)
Continued Personal Development
2016 Annual Hawksmoor congress at Willows referral hospital Birmingham. Observe veterinary physiotherapy treatment. Annual hydro conference with the Canine Hydrotherapy Association.
2017 Annual hydro conference with the Canine Hydrotherapy Association.
2018 Creating the OA team. A motivated dog is a happy dog (webinar). Pet CPR and first aid training update. Canine massage for the hydrotherapist. Dogs that have increase tone – pool or treadmill (webinar). Shadow orthopaedic vet luxating patella corrective surgery. Treadmill assessment day with Hawksmoor in Birmingham.
2019 NARCH education seminar. Nursing support for arthritic pets. Hydro vet rehab summit (series of webinars) Completed level 3 diploma.
2020 (to date) Canine gait (webinar). The impact of environment on canine arthritis (webinar). Smart management of the osteoarthritic patient in the 21st century (webinar). How to help owners address obesity (webinar).
Understanding Muscle Physiology & Contraction to Achieve Specific Outcomes (webinar)
Clare lives in Belfast with her 3 dogs Megan a border collie, Izzy a Dalmatian & Basil a Chihuahua. Clare loves wildlife especially foxes and squirrels. In her free time, she spends it crafting, collecting anything Russian doll related, drinking gin & tonic and eating Cadburys chocolate watching Alien or listening to Ricky Gervais podcasts! When Clare retires, she would love to run a Dalmatian Rescue for Northern Ireland and have a lot more tattoos!